Say goodbye to winter because we could all use a little more sunshine! Jess from Waiting on a Word was so sweet to nominate my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award. If you haven’t checked out her blog, hop on over there. She writes beautifully with natural wit and humor. She has a son with autism, and I love her bright outlook even despite the challenges that this may bring. She has reminded me to find the funny moments in the midst of the possible stresses in life. It certainly is fitting that this happy award would come from her. Thank you, Jess!
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere”. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
It is still my prayer that God would use this blog to encourage His people and shine His light in a dark world. “Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!” (Psalm 115:1)
Now, here are my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I hope you get a chance to check out these wonderful blogs too! Thank you to my fellow bloggers for bringing sunshine to my days!
Teacups and Trucks – This blogging mom makes me smile at all the craziness that I face each day.
Morning Story and Dilbert – A well-told story is truly a gem. I appreciate all the effort that this blogger takes in finding these stories for his readers.
I Have No Greater Joy – The joy that she has in raising her children is contagious!
Mingo Momma – When I go to this blog, it makes me happy: the pictures, the recipes, the writings. You’ll wish you were invited over for dinner.
Still Learning Something New – A helpful blog for homeschoolers. I just learned that she’s a “veteran” homeschooling mom … And like her title suggests, she just learned that too! 🙂
God Made Known – How can I not praise the God who made all that we see and cannot see? This blog has been helpful for me and my kids as we study astronomy in school.
A Devoted Life – One of the best devotionals I’ve read. Accurate handling of the Word of God. Biblically sound. Christ-centered.
Mommy Meditations – What can I say? I’m drawn to mommy blogs. This mom shares, not only recipes, crafts, and homeschooling info, but also the word of God and how she is applying it in her world.
Parenting and Stuff – If you’re a parent and you went to hang out with other parents, it would kind of look like this blog. Parents have other roles, but they can’t help but always talk about being parents.
Furthest Sense – I first came across this blog weeks ago, made a comment, but forgot to make a note of the link. By the providence of God, our paths crossed again. 🙂 She will give you things to think about that you never considered before.
Lastly, here are my answers to the questions given to me by Jess:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? Writing out my thoughts and the things that God is teaching me through raising my son has helped me to be more proactive than reactive to what’s happening in my life.
2. How did you come up with the name to your blog? In thinking about my son, he is uniquely and especially made by God and especially made for me.
3. What is your favorite blog you love to read? Money Saving Mom. I’m a closet extreme couponer (ok, I guess the secret’s out now). I love going to this blog, not only for deals, but for the encouragement.
4. Tell about your dream job. Having my own bakery/coffee shop.
5. Is your glass half empty or half full? Half empty. I can be quite a pessimist, but I’m trying to be more “sunshiny” in my attitude and countenance.
6. If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? Hawaii
7. What food can you absolutely not eat? Have you ever seen “Bizarre Foods” on the Travel Channel? Yeah, whatever that guy eats.
8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Both!
9. How much time do you spend blogging? About 3-4 hours a week.
10. Do you watch TV and if so, what are some of your favorite shows? Revolution, Touch, and Brady Bunch. I know my last pick is cheesy and the acting is “eh”, but as a kid, I loved every episode. As an adult, I’m transported back to simpler times.
I leave you, now, with the happy lyrics from this Brady Bunch classic.